Be you a man or a woman, should you spot stretch marks on thighs, you are probably quite annoyed they got there in the first place. The question you will be asking is how to get rid of stretch marks on thighs and bum completely?
Of course, the best course of action would be to not get them in the first place, was that possible?
It is important to understand what causes stretch marks on legs. There are two most common causes: on one hand physical and on the other hormonal.
What Causes Stretch Marks On Thighs?
By understanding what causes stretch marks on the thigh will allow you to know when you are at risk as a woman. Stretch effects are caused by rapidly gaining weight in a short period of time. This form of weight gain can be caused by spurts of growth, particularly in adolescence. The fine line stretched skin marks are perfectly normal for girls during puberty should you gain weight rapidly. Your skin is then pulled by rapid growth.
Collagen is an important protein that constitutes the connective tissue in your skin. If you experience rapid growth your skin, which is normally elastic, will be overstretched as the collagen supply will be disrupted.
Should this happen to your thighs you will see stretch marks on the thigh, but this is not the only place that girls and women have them.
Breast stretch marks, the buttock stretch marks, hips and stretch marks on the stomach can be all points of concern. Inner thigh stretch marks can first appear as purple or red lines that look indented and feel different from the surrounding skin.
Over time these red stretch marks on the inner thigh will lighten and should eventually disappear completely.
These stretch marks on the thigh are more common in girls and women than in boys or men but they can suffer from them too. Striae can be found even amongst pre-adolescent girls, particularly if the sufferer has been overweight or obese.
Are Stretch Marks on Thighs Normal?
Scared of your tiger lines?
Worry no more – stretch marks are perfectly normal! According to dermatologists, stretch marks are a part of the healing process. They are harmless and rarely cause any problems, except for minor discomforts such as itching or redness.
Stretch marks are a form of scarring that comes in many different colors, depending on which stage of the healing process your skin is. Besides being normal, stretch marks are fairly common. In fact, even children can develop stretch marks.
In rare cases, stretch marks can be a symptom of certain diseases such as:
- Cushing’s syndrome – happens when you have too much cortisol, a stress hormone that can create fatty, bumpy lumps on your skin.
- Marfan’s syndrome – a genetic disease of the connective tissues. The skin is the largest connective tissue in the body, so stretch marks are common in people with Marfan’s syndrome.
- Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) – a group of genetic connective tissue diseases that can cause weak joints or bones, loose skin, and abnormal scarring.
In addition to these disorders, stretch marks are not normal in people who use excessive anti-inflammatory drugs. This medicine thins and dries your skin and decreases its elasticity. As a result, you develop stretch marks.
Types of Stretch Marks on Thighs
Have you ever wondered why stretch marks on thighs have varying colors? You might have seen pink, purple, white and even black stretch marks. There’s a reason why they’re so “colorful”!
Pink Stretch Marks on Thighs
When the skin tears, your body is reacting by activating the inflammatory process. The area of injury swells reddens and increases temperature. Blood flow also increases going to that area in an attempt to heal it quickly. The width and length of stretch marks also grow and stretches. As a result, your stretch marks initially appear pinkish, or purplish, in people with darker complexions.
At this stage, it’s easier to cure stretch marks. You can prevent it from turning into the next color if you try this article’s remedies and treatments.
White Stretch Marks on Thighs
White stretch marks on thighs mean that they’ve been there for quite a while. This type is harder to treat because you already lost a considerable amount of collagen, your skin has hardened and healing is no longer possible. Blood vessels and blood flow to the area decrease, so your stretch marks will appear paler and lighter than your skin tone. It usually takes 1 to 2 years before a stretch mark becomes white in color. When stretch marks turn white to silverish, they will never go away as collagen and elastic fibers under the skin are totally lost.
Black Stretch Marks on Thighs
Black stretch marks on thighs are common for people with darker complexions. It is also common in pregnant women. Besides the weight gain during pregnancy, hormonal changes can also make stretch marks turn black.
Estrogen and progesterone, the main female hormones, have a direct impact on your skin. When they go and up down during pregnancy, they can cause hyperpigmentation of the skin, which can make your stretch marks appear black.
Inner Thigh Stretch Marks in Men
Men can also find these marks on their body in practically any area including stretch marks on the thigh as well as the inner thigh. If you have been practicing bodybuilding and weight lifting you are most at risk of bodybuilding stretch marks if you are following a rapid body growth program. The marks on the inner thigh will change from a purple or red color to white stretch mark just like a normal scar. Stretched skin scars are not only caused by rapid weight gain but also when your body produces excess quantities of cortisone hormones that make the skin far less elastic and therefore increases the risk of skin tears.
When to Expect Stretch Marks during Pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a time when naturally your skin will be subject to rapid stretching and the changes in your body weight what causes stretch marks during pregnancy and can also affect your inner thighs. If you are taking corticosteroid medication you should be aware of the risks this can cause to make stretch marks on the thigh and other places as well appear. If the effect of the striae causes you to be upset you may wish to consider cosmetic clinical treatment to remove these scars.
Do Stretch Marks on Legs Go Away?
Stretch marks never go away, however, you can reduce their appearance or diminish their current color. It depends on how you treat them at the beginning stages of the healing process.
As previously mentioned, if you treat and care for them as early as they appear, you can prevent them from turning white or black. However, if you neglect them, your stretch marks will remain for the rest of your life.
Most stretch marks are evident, but there are people with stretch marks that are unnoticeable. This is true for people who have very fair skin.
How to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks on Thighs
One option to consider is a stretch mark laser treatment called fractional photothermolysis.
- Using a laser the growth of elastin and collagen is increased. The precision of the laser treatment means that the only damaged part of the skin is affected and this will allow the skin to heal more rapidly.
- Microdermabrasion – Another effective clinical treatment for stretch marks on the thigh is the use of microdermabrasion. As its name suggests this treatment involves rubbing the affected skin with tiny crystals. This abrasion effect causes new healthier collagen to allow normal skin to grow over the scars.
- Lotions, creams, and ointments – Clinical treatments for stretch marks on the thigh are relatively expensive compared with the use of lotions, creams, and ointments.
You will find many different products on the internet as well as in health shops or pharmacies. Many people successfully used and recommend natural products and stretch mark home remedy like:
- stretch mark oil like coconut,
- stretch mark pregnancy cream,
- shea butter,
- cocoa butter and stretch marks treatment,
- olive oil and bio oil for stretch marks,
- anti-stretch mark cream,
- Revitol stretch mark cream,
- stretch mark lotion,
- derma roller for stretch marks,
- castor and vitamins,
- fruit acids,
- Mederma stretch marks therapy.
Whether these natural products will work is subject to a lively debate with many dissenters as well as many supporters. What is agreed when looking for the most effective stretch mark treatment is that getting treatment or advice regarding natural methods/products from a doctor or dermatologist and also checking out what other people say in blogs and forums. In all cases, the risk of stretch marks on the thigh can be reduced by eating a healthy diet including fruit, vegetable, and low-fat dairy products.
8 Most Effective Stretch Marks Treatment of All Time!
If your stretch marks are bothering you, and you want to get rid of them, you have many solutions to choose from. There are a lot of suggestions online, but here’s a roundup of the 10 most effective stretch marks treatment of all time!
- Exercise daily. This sounds cliché, but it’s one of the most effective ways to combat and even prevent stretch marks. Weight is the number one reason why most people develop stretch marks. You don’t have to do rigorous exercise. Pilates, yoga, tai chi, and similar exercises are good enough.
- Massage your thighs! Unconventional advice, right? But this is actually quite effective if you do it when you see pinkish stretch marks. Massaging your thighs will improve blood circulation in the area, stimulate new cell growth, hasten to heal and improve skin elasticity. While you’re at it, apply coconut oil or aloe vera gel on the skin.
- Make a DIY anti-stretch mark mask. There are powerful ingredients that you can mix to make an effective anti-stretch mark mask. Egg whites are the number one ingredient. They are rich in proteins such as albumin, collagen, elastin and more that nourishes your skin. Add in some lemon juice, a few teaspoons of oatmeal, a small amount of almond paste and milk, then mix until it thickens. For best results, you can use it daily!
- Treat yourself to a sugar scrub. Making a sugar scrub may just be your best bet to fade your stretch marks. Just add lemon juice, coconut oil or argan oil into the mix and you’re good to go! Brown sugar has natural exfoliating properties while lemon juice has vitamin C and a bleaching property so they go well together!
- Use potato juice. It’s almost an unknown remedy to stretch marks, but many women who have stretch marks on thighs swear by potato juice. Potato juice has a bleaching property that lightens uneven skin tone and keeps your skin nourished. It’s a good alternative if you don’t like to apply oils on your skin.
- Take advantage of shea butter. Using shea butter is one of the most cost-effective and “effective” ways to fade and prevent stretch marks. Shea butter is a major ingredient in most skin lotions and creams, so why not get it in raw form? It’s a great moisturizer and gives your skin a smooth finish, things you need if you have stretch marks.
- Try radiofrequency. Home remedies definitely work, but if you want to try non-invasive, stretch mark therapies, radiofrequency is an effective treatment. It’s a heat therapy that can increase the production of collagen in your skin. Don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt and has no recovery time. The downside? You have to follow monthly sessions!
- Fade stretch marks with micro needling. It is super huge right now, and there’s a reason why! Besides erasing wrinkles and fine lines, you can use for stretch marks too. The small roller of needs creates small wounds in the skin, and this actually stimulates collagen production and increases blood flow to your stretch mark area. For best results, get at least 6 treatments one month apart.
Best Stretch Marks Creams on Thighs
If you’re looking for the best product for stretch marks on thighs, below are highly recommended ones!
- LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer – if you talk about stretch marks, you can’t do without retinol. Retinol or vitamin A helps rebuild damaged skin by stimulating collagen production. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer is infused with anti-stretch mark ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, vitamin e, green tea, shea butter, and jojoba oil. It’s has a pleasant smell, chemical-free and cruelty-free.
- Bio-Oil Skin Care oil – it’s the number one solution to stretch marks worldwide! Bio oil is also the winner of 24 skincare awards, is clinically proven and dermatologist recommended. This products reduce the appearance of stretch marks in just 3 months, evens your skin tone and improve dry skin. It’s also an anti-aging solution that reduces wrinkles and age spots!
- Weleda: Pregnancy Body Oil for Stretch Marks – if you’re pregnant and have stretch marks on thighs, you can use Weleda’s Pregnancy Body Oil for Stretch Marks! It’s 100% organic, nourishing and gentle to your skin. Because it’s chemical free, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your baby.
- TCM Scar Removal Cream For Old Scars – this is an ultimate must-have if you’ve had your stretch marks for a while. White stretch marks take longer to fade, but TCM’s removal cream can do the work for you. It has asiaticoside, heparin, allantoin, carbomer and other raw materials that stimulate collagen production, cell regeneration and maintains skin hydration.
Every person is different, so whether you have new or old stretch marks, it’s best to consult a dermatologist before trying a new product. You can also ask for available treatments that might fit you.
So, are you ready to kiss your stretch marks bye-bye? We do! Stretch marks are 100% normal and many people have it. Just think of your stretch marks as an essential part of your right of passage. You get it as you enter your teenage years, pregnancy and old age. Embrace your stretch marks – you are beautiful no matter what!